Get Involved and Make a Difference
Recent efforts have emphasized our commitment to the community through strengthened programs and implementation. The key to success in achieving Vision Zero is a combined approach that involves the entire community and uses the five essential elements for a safe transportation system:
- Education- Communicate the importance of safety for all on our roads, whether a person is driving, bicycling, walking or riding.
- Encouragement- Encourage all to practice safety and follow all traffic laws.
- Engineering- Construct improvements to enhance safety and accessibility on our roads.
- Enforcement- Enforce traffic safety and continue to support safety initiatives such as Click It or Ticket It, Buzzed Driving is Drunk Driving, and Distracted Driving.
- Evaluation- Evaluate traffic safety efforts and implement improvements as needed.
Below are ways that you can be a part of the Vision Zero movement:
- Become a Vision Zero partner as an individual or as an organization
- Support and volunteer with Vision Zero partner agencies
- Take the Vision Zero Safety Pledge
- Advocate for traffic safety for all road users
- Participate in community dialogue regarding traffic safety
- Utilize the City’s 311 system to report safety issues or concerns
- Request a Vision Zero presentation or training
- Organize a walk or bike audit of area infrastructure
- Implement a mini-Siclovia or open streets event in your neighborhood
During the year there are a number of ways to volunteer with Vision Zero and TCI.
During the year there are opportunities for you to volunteer. Please fill out this volunteer form to be added to our list for outreach.
Show your support for Vision Zero! Sign and Share the Vision Zero Safety Pledge
Stay in Touch
Sign up for emails about the Vision Zero Initiative